Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Irrisistable Iris.18th century Botanical prints,early 1900's antique postcards and photographs. Free clip art

Hi everyone,Welcome to my blog.
My thoughts and wishes for recovery 
 go out to everyone who have been affected by hurricane Irene. Not the happiest start for a post but it just had to be mentioned.
One of the good things today are the images in my post. My search for Iris pictures turned up some lovely ones. The antique botanical prints are always a favorite of mine. Several of these come in large sizes for framing. Just click on the image. Instant art for decorating!
A bee just came in my window! Jazzy, my cat already has her eye on it. Hope I get too it before she does!
This antique postcard was my inspiration for today's theme - Iris
I just love this one! A 18th century botanical print.
Probable from the late 1890's to early 1900's.
Antique tinted or painted French postcard.
As always these images are free clip art for your personal use. For altered art, collage and scrap booking.
Much love to you all, Louise

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

thank you so much!!!

Loreal Blondi said...

Just love the irises in yellow and blueish! Thank you for finding them.