Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Beautiful paintings by James Tissot

Welcome to you all.
 Need an escape from all the shopping or problems in life? Then you have found it!
Today is for James Tissot. I never tire of his paintings. Sumptuous dresses and rich colors and I am off to another era and time. This group of paintings feature ladies looking at or holding Japanese objects. The 'Shop Girl' is included because many of you are out shopping! The artist's self portrait is last. 
All of these images where found on The Athenaeum. 
Shop Girl
 Self Portrait

3 comments:

marda said...

I love his paintings..the colors are just magnificient. Thanks for sharing.

Laura Morrigan said...

His paintings are truly beautiful! I hope for a day when I can have more clothes like that!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog I especially liked the cat in the bassinet keep ‘‘em coming!